Insurance and Billing
As a service to our patients, our doctors participate with most major insurance plans and we gladly accept Medicare assignment. If you are enrolled with an insurance plan that we accept, we will gladly file a claim on your behalf with your insurance plan. You remain responsible for all deductibles, copays, co-insurance, non-covered services or other amounts not paid by your insurance plan. We ask your cooperation in this process by respecting our billing and payment policies.
- Payment is due at the time services are provided. For your convenience, we accept cash, checks, debit and credit card payments.
- We accept Medicare Assignment and participate with most major insurance plans.
- To process an insurance claim on your behalf, you must present a valid insurance card or other form of insurance coverage documentation at the time services are provided.
- You are responsible for securing all required referrals or authorizations from your primary care provider, insurance or other third party required by your insurance plan.
- You must notify us prior to receiving services if you have a vision plan providing coverage and benefits for your examination, contact lenses or eyeglasses. Such plans generally require you to get authorization for coverage and benefits prior to your examination or before ordering contact lenses or eyeglasses.
- Once your insurance plan has processed your claim and paid any benefits available, you may receive a final bill from us for any remaining balance due on your account. We request final payment from you within 30 days of this bill.
- Payment in full is required prior to dispensing contact lenses or eyeglasses.
- We offer third-party financing options for most major services including cosmetic and refractive care and treatments.
- We also offer patient-assistance programs for patients with demonstrated financial difficulty accessing needed services.
- For more information regarding our billing and payment policies, please contact our insurance and billing department at (828) 433-1000. A team member will be happy to assist you.
Note Regarding Insurance Coverage: Please understand that your insurance plan coverage is a private contract between you and your insurance plan. We do not control the services covered by your insurance nor the level or amount of benefit that will be provided for such services. Therefore, it is very important that you take time to learn and understand the coverage and benefits available to you under your insurance plan. It is your responsibility to contact your insurance plan provider when you believe they have paid or processed your claim incorrectly. We are happy to assist in this process by filing an inquiry or an appeal on your behalf. However, you remain responsible for any amounts due for services provided and not otherwise covered or paid by your insurance plan.