Please Read the Following Important Information Regarding Our Reopening admist COVID-19
Morganton Eye Physicians in the process of reopening all of our locations. We have missed our patients and are excited to once again serve your eye care needs. We are taking measures to protect the health and safety of our patients, doctors and staff during this unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic. As a valued member of our patient community, we appreciate the trust you place in us and want to share with you how we are addressing the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Our staff will be screened for COVID symptoms and have their temperatures taken before each workday. Any team member who is displaying any respiratory issues or fever will be instructed to stay at home.
- Screenings will be required before anyone is admitted into our office. This begins with screening interviews to confirm that anyone entering our office is not currently experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Each person who enters our office will have a temperature check at the door to confirm that there is no fever.
- Each person who enters our office will be required to wear a protective mask at all times. Valved-masks, gaiters and bandanas are not acceptable face coverings. We are asking that you bring your own mask. Refusal to wear a mask while in our office will result in staff having to deny entry to our practice. Local law enforcement will be contacted to remove those from our property who do not abide by our guidelines and refuse to leave on their on accord.
- We are asking that patients only enter the office. In necessary cases, one caregiver can accompany the patient. All caregivers will be screened for symptoms and have their temperature taken.
- At this time, sales representatives and vendors are not allowed to enter our offices.
- Common areas are regularly monitored and wiped down throughout the day. Any room where a patient is seen, including examination and testing rooms, will be cleaned between each patient.
- We will practice social distancing. This means that all patients and visitors are asked to remain at least 6 feet away from each other while in our practice.
- In the event that we reach our waiting room capacity, we will ask that you remain in your vehicle and our staff will notify you when you can enter the lobby.
- You will notice that we have temporarily removed magazines and books from our waiting areas to minimize items that are shared among patients.
- When clinically appropriate, telemedicine appointments are available for those who prefer the option of a virtual exam. Telemedicine exams require two-way real-time audio-video. We are currently using Zoom for telemedicine exams. There is a charge for telemedicine visits. Based on the results of your telemedicine exam, you may be asked to come into the office for further evaluation.
- If you have, or recently had, a fever, cough, upper respiratory illness, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or loss of taste or smell, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE OFFICE.
We hope that you find this information helpful and reassuring. We cannot thank you enough for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions about this information or your upcoming appointment, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for your continued trust and loyalty. We greatly appreciate you and your safety.